FINAL SHOW ORGANISATION



Please add emails to galleries, curators or artists etc that you want us to invite to the privat view:

-

Company Name

Contact

Email

Address

Phone Number

Note

BSkyB
Brian Lenz
BRIAN.LENZ@BSKYB.com


SENT
Camden Arts Centre
Anne-Marie Watson
Anne-Marie.Watson@camdenartscentre.org
Arkwight Road, London NW3 6DG
020 7472 5500
SENT
Fujifilm
Colin Ricardo
cricardo@fuji.co.uk
56 Poland Street, London W1F 7NN
020 3040 0400
SENT
Imagestate Media
Nathan Grainger & Sheldon Marshall
nathan.grainger@heritage-images.com
1st Floor Reception, 18-20 Farringdon Lane, London EC1R 3AU
020 7251 7100
SENT
Inition
Don Eales
don.eales@inition.co.uk
79 Leonard Street, London EC24 4QS
020 7613 5004
SENT
itv Consumer
Colin Smith
colin.smith@itv.com
200 Gray's Inn Road
020 8528 2000
SENT
JVC
John Kelly
jkelly@jvcpro.co.uk
JVC House, JVC Business Park, 12 Priestly Way, London NW2 7BA
020 8208 6200
SENT
Lisson Gallery
Jennifer Bews
jennifer@lisson.gallery.com
52-54 Bell Street, London NW1 5DA
020 7724 2739
SENT (as 'contact')
Nineteen Fifteen
Vicki Betihavas
vickib@ninettenfifteen.com
21-22 Great Castle Street, London W1G 0HY
07785 557 971
SENT ('nineteenfifteen')
Photographer's Gallery
Sam Trenerry
press@photonet.org.uk
16-18 Ramilies Street, London W1F 7LW
0845 262 1618
SENT
RealD
Bob Mayson
rmayson@reald.com
Suite C-1, Breakspear Way, Hemel Hempstead HP2 4TZ
020 8090 5380
SENT
Robert Harding World Imagery
Robert Harding
fraser@robertharding.com
Berkshire House, Queen Street, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1NF
020 7478 4191
SENT
Screen Digest
Tom Morrod

Lymehouse Studios, 30/31 Lyme Street, London NW1 0EE
020 7428 2820

Alamy
Alexandra Bortkiewicz
alexb@alamy.com
127 Milton Park, Abingdon OX14 4SA
01235 844610
SENT
Arcaid
Lynn & Richard Bryant
lynneb@arcaid.co.uk
Parc House, 25-37 Cowleaze Road, Kingston KT2 6DZ
020 8546 4352
SENT
Camberwell Arts
Professor Oriana Baddely
o.baddeley@camberwell.arts.ac.uk



Chelsea Arts
Dr Michael Asbury
m.asbury@chelsea.arts.ac.uk


SENT
Mica Gallery
Reedah El-Saie
reedah@micagallery.com


SENT
Mica Gallery
Sahar Beyad
sahar@micagallery.com


SENT
Mica Gallery
Selen Etingu
selen@micagallery.com


SENT
British Museum
Dr Venetia Porter
vporter@thebritishmuseum.ac.uk or vporter@britishmuseum.org



Saatchi Gallery
Rebecca Wilson
rebeccawilson10@gmail.com



David Collins
David Kendall
David.Kendall@davidcollins.com



Ucreative
Paul Vivian
pvivian@ucreative.ac.uk



Anne Katrine Doven
Anne Katrine Dolven
ak@akdolven.com



Haugar Art Museum
Tone Lyngstad Nyass
toneny@vfk.no



Shunt
Nahum
nahum@shunt.co.uk



Shunt
Jessica
jessica@shunt.co.uk



Shunt
Events
events@shunt.co.uk



Red Gate Gallery
Yara
info@redgategallerylondon.co.uk
209a Coldharbour Lane,
London. SW9 8RU


Beaconsfield Gallery
Info.
mail@beaconsfield.ltd.uk



Wilkinson Gallery
info.
info@wilkinsongallery.com



Ibid Projects
Info.
info@ibidprojects.com



Explore Worldwide
Will Potter
william.potter@explore.co.uk


SENT
Neals Yard Dairy
Anne Hastings
anne.hastings@nealsyarddairy.co.uk


SENT
V&A Museum
Honor Beddard
h.beddard@vam.ac.uk


Curator of Digital Pioneers Exhibit
David Medalla
David Medalla
davidmedalla@hotmail.com


co-founder of Signals Gallery/Founder of London Biennale
University of the Arts London
Medeia Cohan-Petrolino
m.cohan@arts.ac.uk
272 High Holborn London WC1V 7EY
020 7514 8509
University Curator
Wimbledon College of Art
Mr. Michael Pavelka

Merton Hall Road, London SW19 3QA
02075149641
Theatre
Course
Director
October Gallery
Chili Hawes
chili@octobergallery.co.uk
October Gallery
24 Old Gloucester Street
Bloomsbury
LONDON WC1N 3AL
UNITED KINGDOM
020 7242 7367
Director
gasworks

kristel@gasworks.org.uk





annamartinou@gmail.com



cosmic mega brain

contact@cosmicmegabrain.com



bear and rose

natasha.caruana@network.rca.ac.uk



squid and tabernacle

hanna@squidandtabernacle.com



residence gallery

info@residence-gallery.com



brent art

prbrentart@gmail.com



tank magazine

nadja@tankmagazine.com



chinenhale gallery

isabelle.hancock@chisenhale.org.uk



ssshboom

ssshboom@googlemail.com



pocko

info@pocko.com



you me bum bum train

gorj.riley@gmail.com



alphaville festival

carmen@alphavillefestival.co.uk



club soda

martha.palmer@croydon.gov.uk



crypt gallery

t.g.adriani@googlemail.com



organ art

organzine@aol.com



[detailsonrequest]

detailsonrequest@hotmail.com



blue yonder

katie.steed@blueyonder.co.uk



centerspace

info@centrespacegallery.com



open ealing

ccranidge@live.com



open ealing

faceitjacks@live.com



open the gate

contact@openthegate.org.uk



cida

contact@cida.co.uk



green room arts

emergency@greenroomarts.org



foto8

summershow@foto8.com



working rooms

sarah@workingrooms.co.uk



empty shop

exhibitions@emptyshop.org



the gallery at bank

info@thegalleryatbankquayhouse.co.uk



to and for

chris@toandfor.co.uk



4x4x4

n.kay@kingston.ac.uk



my favorite things

sarahchristin54@hotmail.com



sound art gallery

helen@soundfjord.org.uk



new greenham arts

sally@ng-arts.org.uk



re place

info@re-place.co.uk



Professor Cate Elwes

c.elwes@camberwell.arts.ac.uk



mike dfuse

mike@dfuse.com



notting hill arts club

dom@nottinghillartsclub.com





(put cursor on the last cell and press tab key to add more table rows)


LAST CELL




Invigilation!

WE ALL NEED TO HELP KEEP OUR WORK SAFE AND RUNNING DURING THE SHOW


There will have to be 5 people on each shift, 2 in each room plus a wanderer.
Please sign up for 3 time slots:

Wednesday 14th of July:


10:00 - 13:30
1: Sara
2: Ethel
3: Cheerasak
4: Rod
5: Bill

13:00 - 16:30
1:Kevin
2:Dun yu
3:Constantina
4:Esmeralda
5:Isaac

16:00 - 20:00
1: Chan
2:Raquel Estévez
3: Jean-Baptiste
4: Varatorn
5:Ran

Thursday 15th of July:


10:00 - 13:30
1: Ina
2: Kevin
3: Sara
4: Jenni
5: Ethel

13:00 - 16:30
1: Dun yu
2: Constantina
3: Esmeralda
4: Isaac
5: Rod

16:00 - 20:00 THERE SEEMS TO BE ONE PERSON TOO MUCH?
1: Bill
2: Chan
3: lina fan
4: Jean-Baptiste
5: Varatorn

Friday 16th of July:

10:00 - 13:30
1: Ina
2: Sara
3:
4: Ethel
5: Cheerasak

13:00 - 16:30
1:Raquel Estévez
2: Dun yu
3: Esmeralda
4: Isaac
5: Bill

16:00 - 20:00
1:lian fan
2:Ran
3:Rupert
4:Raquel Estévez
5:Rabhia

Saturday 17th of July


11:00 - 13:30
1: Jenni
2: Cheerasak
3: Chan
4: Varatorn
5: Jean-Baptiste

13:00 - 16:00
1: lina fan
2:Ran
3:Rupert
4:Mani
5:Hong




Is the website live Kevin? Maybe you could post the url on the wiki... its www.mada2010.co.uk


Name and brief description for web site.

Please put your name and your MAXIMUM of 50 words description Below. Please put the new entries at the TOP of the page, below my example.

Example:

Kevin Fox:
Kevin's work looks at continuing developments in Northern Irelands peace process: Through mix media and theoretical research Fox's work explores the politicisation of space in relation and the physical connection to land and history.

Please keep it sweet and simple. Also, if you want an image or video (videos must be available via youtube not vimeo) on your page you must get it through to me by THURSDAY THE 1OTH AS THATS WHEN IT WILL GO LIVE.

Oh, the pressure of it all.
Cheers,
Kevin.



SARA CHOUDHREY

Title: Reflect

In combining metal-work with user-manipulated projection, the Reflect installation presents illuminated pattern-work in the form of an interactive sculpture. An altering display of structured patterns and distorted shapes alludes to theories of how our environment provides a reflection of divine creation.

www.sarachoudhrey.com





Dun Yu

title: Interactive movie-Please say nothing

My work is an interactive animation which present by flip books. It describes the environment problem in the wonderland.

http://simon.for-never.cn
yudun8648@gmail.com




Isaac Cordal

My work reflects on our lack of physical space because of our constant contact with the virtual world.The internet has devaluated the physical encounter, so I also consider taht our body is affected. Our body has adpted to a new inmaterial space and this space has infected us into the illusion of inmateriality. Today we live between the absence and presence, between the physical and the virtual world.

http://www.isaac.alg-a.org


Hong Zhang

title: Surface and Interior
My project shows the relationship and balance of simplicity and complexity which I’m interested in, especially the relationship variously manifested in both exterior and interior. It’s not just graphic or two-dimensional images, but also containing three-dimesional information in them.

e-mail:hongzhang.chichi@googlemail.com




Chan Shin

Title: The construction and deconstruction in the relationship between Sound and Visual
The construction and deconstruction in the relationship between Sound and Visual explores the possibility of sound and visual as a one medium. The project feeds from montages of moving images and sampled sounds from collections of everyday sounds to digital sounds to bring a live audio and visual performance.

chan_sig@hotmail.com




Ran Chen
Sound Incidents in interactive environment
This project is aiming at looking into the public reactions on sound triggered incidents in interactive environment. It is based on the IR range sensor to trigger the corresponding sound of the objects to show the interrelationship of each object and lead the installation works as sequence.
mimivory@googlemail.com
http://ranchen.wordpress.com/




Anna-Leiza Barthorpe

Digital Psyche
If our thoughts and our feelings are the essence of ourselves and our souls, then could our digital lives be another extension of this? If so, in what form?
The work will be presented online, as a virtual journey to locate the soul or the psyche in the digital.

Blog: http://annaleiza.wordpress.com/
Site: http://www.anna-leizabarthorpe.com/
email: leizabarthorpe@googlemail.com



Takowan (May) Promjiem

www.pixelwires.com
may.promjiem@gmail.com

Takolwan (May) investigates the digital visual translation of Western music through the theory of Semiotics; targeted to people with hearing-impairments. As a working digital designer, she continues to explore the boundaries of human and computer interaction within the digital realm.


Rabhia Saeeda
Rabhia’s IE9 series, contains 9 new artworks, based on the Japanese poetry form the “Bussokusekika”, for her substitution Variation, based on her own poems ,exploring “Celebrities infatuation ”, ethnicity, disability, the transient life and the destruction of the natural world, in Printmaking, Animation, Sculpture and Installation.
http://www.wix.com/Cloudseeker/IE9Series
rsaeeda@excite.com



JEAN-BAPTISTE DI MARCO
Koch-Ouverture
info@koch-00.com
Koch-00.com

Koch is a project developed by Jean-Baptiste Di Marco as a crossover between audio-visual practices. Koch– Ouverture introduces a progressive audio-visual narrative influenced by a VJing practice and experimental cinema. Koch– Ouverture will be shown as an audio-visual performance. Its representation will bring one possibility and one step of a data based / loop based narrative.



ESMERALDA MUÑOZ-TORRERO:
My work observes functional architecture from the industrialism and its environment. Exploring this study through methodical photographic documentation. Mixing digital and analogue technologies and engaging with the materiality of the output surfaces to effectively capture the suspended and timeless state of my primal subjects

http://esmuto.wordpress.com/

esmuto1@yahoo.co.uk


CONSTANTINA PILAVAKI:
Performance designer, passionate about theatre, fashion, art, interior and digital design. I have been working in this area since I was young, that is in the disciplines of interior /storyboard./ set / costume design, stage crew, fashion and directing. I have also worked on different productions around the world. Since joining MADA I have become more mature, more philosophical, and use research to be creative. 'God's Roulette' is a project I have been thinking of doing for long time now: A never ending digital performance, inspired by our lives. I am considering doing a Phd in a year's time, in order to develop my skills and knowledge.
107 WORDS>PLEASE EDIT


Ethel Davies:
'The perversion of the anaglyph image'
These 3D photographically-based manipulated images are presented in a series of short films, synchronised to contrasting pieces of music, Without special glasses, the images function almost as abstracts, shimmering with surprising colour. With them, it seems as if the viewer can look beyond the surface, deep into the picture itself.
www.etheldavies.com
ethel_davies@yahoo.com

H.M. Husain:
A trinity exists in my work: a speech, imagery, and a group milieu. This holy grail, if you will, of two laborious years of research finds its heart from outside of the religious theology one might normally imagine, and into one which elicits the senses aroused by digital art.


JENNI GRANHOLM:
Gaze. In my work I have been looking at the ways in which young females are presenting themselves online in popular social networking sites through self-taken images. My interests lie in images where females are objectifying themselves. Through my work I would like to challenge the active self-objectification, and the idea of freely chosen self-presentations.

www.jennigranholm.com
info@jennigranholm.com



Rod Dioso:
Filipino-Canadian, Rod Dioso is a digital artist based in London, UK. His work investigates the visual landscape of the Philippine diaspora and the ways in which this can be represented through digital media. Themes of displacement, transition and integration have inspired his recent interactive, moving-image installation Tahanan (Home), 2010.

PROMO VIDEO YOUTUBE LINK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8hytITRAzo
http://roddioso.wordpress.com
roddioso@gmail.com



Susan Mortimer:
Employing digital photography, video and pod cast actuations to create works that focus on the body and the act of walking.
This project aims to question the connection between our non language body movements and identities.

http://susanmortimer.com/
http://susanmort.wordpress.com/



Varatorn Ratdilokpanich:
Email: nzeay@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.yui-ratdilokpanich.com
Imperfectionist: A Typographic Installation which explores how human can perceive through malfunction in digital medium. Based on Wabi-Sabi Japanese world view of nothing lasts, nothing completes, nothing is perfect. This aesthetic of imperfection leads to a visual investigation exploring boundaries of reality in digital realm and typography.



Bill Psarras:
Title: Nexus
Year: 2010

Nexus is an installation which reflects the meaning of transition and destination in relation with the human being. Based in non-place theory and ambience, everything passes from shadow to 'mother' light. Nexus combines the fields of motion graphics, digital video, soundscape and light element, in order to reflect its concept through the digital prism.


Artist Portfolio: http://www.billpsarras-visualart.blogspot.com
MA Digital Art blog: http://www.billpsarras.wordpress.com
Email: Billhaze85@gmail.com
You Tube 'Nexus' Promo Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltGXxVGo1yU (Kevin, use it in the website, Thanks! )


Raquel Estévez Fernández:

Title: “Surveillance 01”.
Date: 2010.
Discipline: Videocreation.
Technique: Audiovisual collage.
Abstract:
“Surveillance 01” Is an audiovisual work conceived by Raquel Estévez along the MA Digital Arts and the MAC+I courses, based in gender theories, to portrait some of the current ideas and images about the female body in the Consumer Society, and the changes, caused by some scientific and medical technologies, and products, on the body’s concept, through the surveillance cameras aesthetics.

Contact:
E-Mail: Raquel.estevez.f@gmail.com
Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/RAQUELEFBLOG#p/a/u/1/ujL44niJe0A


Rupert Burton

As a point of departure lighting as a creative process is explored through photographic image based lighting techniques. Twenty-four hours of lighting data captured from Piccadilly Circus was sequentially used to illuminate a virtual light meter and drive a dynamic simulation, responding to the changes in Lux value throughout the day. The film creates a dialogue between the natural and artificial, connecting synthetic space and physical illumination.

http://achromaticlight.wordpress.com/

----


Cheerasak Monpaneevong

A CCTV idea to improve a security and disabled therapy idea for disabled human. It's all come out for a simple computer programming. From simple computer programming can increase the value of it with the design and creative arts. If these beliefs are true the value of software in the future will become one of the great art or not??

http://myFishiiz.wordpress.com
myFishiiz@gmail.com




lina fan

Title: Colour Memory

I was born in China 80s, In my memory I have meny happy images with different colours.If I don't tidy up the fragments, which reslly as broken papers blew away.I hope Colour Memory as a memento for me and the people of 80s.And hope peers remembered 'our' happiness of lives.

contect:
e-mail: linafan8048@gmail.com
Telephone: 0044 07898835467
0086 13910959711
blog: www.fanlina.wordpress.com








Ok SHOULD WE HAVE A TITLE FOR THE EXHIBITION (other then just MADA10):

JUST ADD A YES OR A NO:
-No
-No
-No
-No
-No
-No
-No
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
WHAT COULD THE NAME BE:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
SOME ONE WILL HAVE TO DO THE DESIGN OF THE TITLE, SOMETHING THAT MATCHES THE MADA10 LOGO JB MADE
ANY VOLUNTEERS?
- (from Ethel: I LIKE Jean's logo, and as I don't want to change the name, let's keep it as it is/will be) (Ina agrees!)(Rod: This all sounds and looks good for me too ;)
-
-


Here is a summary of the meeting we had this morning,bare in mind it was written for my blog.


Tuesday the 18th of May, MEETING

Today we had a really good meeting about the final show and we made some decisions!
Ethel, Rod, Jean Baptiste, Yui, Ran, Hong, Lina, Chan, Bill, Constantina and I was there, and Kevin joined us online.
We talked about pretty much all the aspects of the show, including the news i had from andy mentioned in the above post.
Refreshments:
We have decided to get red and white wine, a long with soft-drinks for about 500 people. There is usually around 2000 people there on the privat view, but we figured 500 is enough to cover our closest friends and family! Ethel and I will get in touch with some people we know in the business to try and get some good deals. We will also try to get sponsors for some of the non alcoholic drinks.
Catalog and Postcards:
Based on the emails we have been sending in the catalog group the idea of making a CD catalog has been the most popular one, so we have decided to go with the idea, and also having postcards so that the visitors can take back something my physical.
Ethel will look up prices to get the postcards printed in the Uk and Ran, Hong and Lina will look up prices in China, they will also look up prices for getting the cd catalog produced. As will Rod.
Everyone seme to like the logo JB had made so we will go with his design, he will make a template for the postcards, that we will also use for the digital catalog, that Yui has volunteered to put together.
We decided to go with an A6 sized postcard, printed on both sides, picture on one side, logo, name and details, and a shot description on the other.
I am in charge of getting all the images and information together asap. I sent out an email asking everyone for an A5 image, 300dpi .jpg, cmyk, and a 200-300 word statement. We chose a deadline a week from now, so that everyone understands its important to get it done. Once i have everyones pics i will pas the on to JB.
Equipment:
Constantina and Bill has volunteered to sort out the equipment stuff, they will collect the spec details from everyone who wants to rent equipment and get in touch with companies for quotes.
They will email us all shortly, they to with a deadline, so it gets our butts in gears.
Promotion:
We have decided to put together a promopack/ presskit that we can email to galleries etc, Rod has volunteered to work on it, basing the design on JBs work. It will contain pictures, dates and details about the show etc. Rod will write a few words about the show and post it on the wiki soon, then based on feedback it will get sent out .We will all hace to collect email adresses to various contacts and galleries.
We also discussed making a poster that we can hang around London and also at the show, showing people were wer are. It will not contain any images, just the logo that way we wont have to decide on one image to use. The logo is strong enough on its own.
We will need to get someone to volunteer putting together a showreal for the show too, it should contain the logo animation and snipp bits of all of our wirk, it can be used as the intro on the CD catalog and the website.
Curation:
We want to start working on the curation soon, but as Sara mentioned in the email we have to wait until everyone has a clearer idea of what they need, it will start soon tho. We will send out (again) the floor plan of the two spaces, then each person can say what kind of space they would prefer, maybe cross it off on the floorplan, and we can work from there.
We will start the process soon! We will have to remember that the spaces will not look just like they do now tho. There will be stud walls put up to cover up furniture etc and that will make the rooms a bit smaller, but it will look much much better, we will have to wait for the plan, as it is being prepared by the BA ppl, who will be using the space first.
End:
We were pretty talked out at this point but Rod finished the meeting on a high, saying the according to some old students we are pretty prepared and the show is set out to be amazing. It will stand out from the other shows in the building and hopefully other shows out there at the moment.
We mentioned trying to take advantage on the fack that Decode was just on at the V&A and how much people really liked it, we need to take advantage of that, and somehow suggest that our show will have similar aspects.
Next we need to get someone to do the showreal and also find away that is comfortable for everyone to collect money. Once we have some prises for postcards, drinks, CDs, posters etc then we will know how much this will cost each of us, hopefully it wont be too much, as i am VERY VERY POOR right now! Then get on with the curation, where an issue is the possibility of noise pollution and also the fact that most of us wants to be in the dark space, but we will figure it out! We also need to confirm that we can use the IT computers like andy said, as well as the hallway space! Thats all my brain feels like thinking about for now!


Please add your name and email next


So the final show is getting closer and we are trying to organize everyone in to little groups, each group will focus on different parts of the show.
Please add your name and email next to the kind of thing you would be interested in helping with.


Actual Hanging of Work
Actually...everybody
(good point, everyone should be responsible for their own work! We all help each other out, but hanging the work is a lot of work and we dont have much time to do it!)

Ethel, perhaps? (ethel@etheldavies.com)
Sara
Depending on the time, I could probably help others out, too (like standing back and telling whether it's level or not!)

Just to note on this on that most of the Online students are not able to come to London at all, so others will need to set up their work for them...


Promotion
Hassen (inspiredby786 [at] gmail [dot] com)
Susan (susanmortimer@btinterent.com)
Rabhia (rsaeeda08@hotmail.co.uk)
Leiza (witchileiz@hotmail.com)
Jenni (lumiere.jg@gmail.com)
May (may.promjiem@gmail.com)
Varatorn (nzeay@hotmail.com)
Rod (roddioso@gmail.com)
Ethel (ethel@etheldavies.com)

Website
Hassen (inspiredby786 [at] gmail [dot] com)
Rabhia (rsaeeda08@hotmail.co.uk)
Kevin (Kevin.fox@gcd.ie)
Jenni (lumiere.jg@gmail.com)
May (may.promjiem@gmail.com)
dun yu(yudun8648@gmail.com)
lina fan(linafan8048@gmail.com)
Cheerasak Monpaneevong (godchild95@hotmail.com) : I also can help on programming if necessary

Photographer
dun yu(yudun8648@gmail.com)
Cheerasak Monpaneevong (godchild95@hotmail.com)

Refreshments
Ina (inadorthea@gmail.com)

Catalog / postcards
Esmeralda(esmuto1@yahoo.co.uk)
Ina (inadorthea@gmail.com)
Hassen (inspiredby786 [at] gmail [dot] com)
Susan (susanmortimer@btinterent.com)
Jenni (lumiere.jg@gmail.com)
Varatorn (nzeay@hotmail.com)
Hong (hongzhang.chichi@googlemail.com)
Ran (mimivory@googlemail.com)
dun yu(yudun8648@gmail.com)
Jean-Baptiste (dimarco_jb@hotmail.fr)

Curation
Esmeralda (esmuto1@yahoo.co.uk)
Ina (inadorthea@gmail.com)
Bill (Billhaze85@gmail.com)
Rabhia (rsaeeda08@hotmail.co.uk)
Kevin (Kevin.fox@gcd.ie)
May (may.promjiem@gmail.com)
Sara
Constantina (cpilavaki@gmail.com)
Julia(petallouliana@hotmail.com)
Hong (hongzhang.chichi@googlemail.com)
Ran (mimivory@googlemail.com)
Chan Shin (chan_sig@hotmail.com)

Fundraising / sponsorship
Rabhia (rsaeeda08@hotmail.co.uk)

Equipment
Bill (Billhaze85@gmail.com)
Constantina (cpivalaki@gmail.com)






We also need someone to work as an accountant / cashier type person:


If anything vital is missing please add it to the list!

Here is a list of what each group will have to do, please add to it!


Risk Assessment (Forms)
Catalog/Postcards:
- Shall we provide our own postcards or do we do this together too to keep the cost down
- Decide on the physical look of the catalog and possibly the postcards (dimensions, paper etc.) Possibly on CDs: 'business cards' as the label, catalogue as the data
- Get quotes from different companies
- Get someone to write the forward
- Someone who can out it together in inDesign or something like that
- Collect images and information from everyone
- Collect money and pay for the damn thing
- Find out how many we will need to get
- Get logos etc from fund-raising
Curation
- Get the final drawings and dimensions of the spaces
- Get the detail of everyone's work (how much space they will need. what plugs they will need etc)
- Find out what kind of space each person would like
- Who wants to be in the dark space and who would like to be in the light space Can someone come up with a map and we can sign-ups for the spaces?
- Organize the invigilation
- being creative and finding a way to get people to go upstairs
Setting up
-Find out who will be around for the set up of the show
- Get all the information from the people who will not be around for the set up so that we can get it right!
Equipment
-Find out who wants in on renting equipment
- What each person will need (what specs they would like also)
-Find companies and get quotes so we get find the cheapest option
- Work out how much each person will have to pay for the stuff they need
- Get all the money first so that if anyone backs out we do not loose money
- Organize delivery and pick up
Drinks
-First we need to decide if we are doing them or not
- Get permission from Uni
- Get quotes from companies
- Decide what we will need (how much and what)
- Organize non alcoholic drinks too
- Glasses
- Keeping it cold
- Someone to help out on the day
- Clean up afterward!
Promotion
- Create new logo (if we decide on it)
- Develop a look for the logo, flyers website etc. (Work with website ppl)
- Just get it out there!
- Creating flyers (organize printing and distributing)
Website
- Maybe work with Promo
- Get all the details from everyone including images and websites etc.

Fund raising

- find creative ways of getting us money!



We will be having briefings etc. over the coming weeks but at the moment i wanted to ensure you all are aware of how we can structure the planning of the degree show.

Obviously with online students and face to face [f2f] students the division of responsibility needs to be equal and fair. Below i have outlined what i think are the key components of the show, and the best way they should be split.

What is important is to understand this is a curated joint show, and should allow all students to participate in its organisation so that they satisfy the learning outcomes. We will never satisfy everyone, but open and honest debate around the issues should be the priority.

Collaboration is the key word.


Assessment Evidence
Practical work resolved according to your proposal and presented professionally as part of a the final exhibition

Learning Outcomes
Realise the Project Proposal and prepare towards final exhibition.

Present a resolved body of creative practice that has evidenced the systematic enhancement of your knowledge and understanding.

Summarise your overall progress and formulate a constructive plan for continuing Personal and Professional Development.

Show organisation:

Online
Online Marketing
Web build / Blog build
Collation and formatting of text+image

F2F
Defining show spaces
Physical Marketing
Organising the curation


Both
Design
Curation
Show build
Show invigilation


Organisation will happen through Google Wave, if you do not have a google account you need to set one up. You will then receive an invite to join G. Wave, and the show 'wave'.

http://mavisualartscamberwell.wordpress.com
http://mada2009.madigitalarts.co.uk/
http://www.artquest.org.uk/